Indian weddings have so much relevance in the lives of the people. Just like other communities, Pillai too are quite excited about the weddings in their family. The first thing that is important in this culture is that the father and the mother of the girl first finds out whether or not she is ready for or interested in the wedding. If the girl says yes, then the parents start their search for the good groom. In pillai matrimony there would be many rituals that you will be able to see.
There are so many things you need to know about this:
- In pillai weddings you will see that there would be dowry in open. Yes, in between public the dowry would be finalized and then the bride’s father would then give that much on the wedding day.
- In order to let the people around know about the daughter’s wedding in progress, there is a pole created with mango leaves on the top part. This would let people around know that the daughter is just about to get married.
- Pillai weddings are interesting and there are some amazing rituals. Gold is melted and then a thali has to be created with this. This is called as mangalsutra.
- Many modern pillai families celebrate the weddings in two ways. The first one is done in the traditional way in front of the priest. The one is then taken up at some modern venue like resort or some amazing destination.
- There are many pre-wedding ceremonies too that you will find in pillai matrimony. These would include haldi, mehendi, puja and so on.
- The modern generations also celebrate things like parties and theme ceremonies. This would help in getting more time for loved ones and an enjoyable feeling.
In the times when wedding really would be something quite exciting, the hosts should work towards making wedding a friendly and grand affair. Pillai are simple people. Thus most of the weddings take place in traditional ways. But these days you will find that many things are modernized and now people have come up with destination weddings too. In earlier days, these weddings would serve only authentic and traditional foods. But now, people do not mind opting for fusion foods too.
The bride is expected to wear a sari at the wedding and the groom can also wear something traditional. They have to look their best. Modern families opt for different clothing couture. But again, it’s everyone’s personal choice.
Weddings are the time when you would really love being in touch with your relatives. In fact, this would be a very good time for the bride to spend some time with close friends and relatives. The idea that the parents would soon begin the search after the daughter says yes; is just so exciting. Later, they would announce the willingness of her daughter to get married. This is something that says that how people in pillai families love and respect the daughters’ view.