People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. Anxiety sufferers who have been prescribed drugs often find a dislike for them. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
If you are on certain anti-anxiety medication, it is important to know that it isn’t the only option available. Some foods and drinks can also provide home remedies to treat anxiety.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. Tryptophan is related to serotonin, a chemical that helps the brain deal with anxiety. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. Eating avocado lessens the possibility of anxiety attacks by keeping your heart rate at an even rate.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. They are anxiety busters. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Research has shown that aside from its other health benefits turmeric can help ease symptoms of depression and anxiety. Turmeric aids in digestion, healing, reducing inflammation of joints, and maintaining a balanced blood sugar level.
7) Folic acid is a substance that helps in managing anxiety. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Kefir is a good source of probiotics that keep your gut in good shape.